Who could even think that infographics would have an impact on your Search Engine Optimization strategies? Those who may be asking such question perhaps have lived under a rock for years now.
The principles of SEO have indeed changed.
Our friends at Serplogic have shown why adapting to an educational-type of strategy to boost your SEO rankings is the optimal way to go. They say that using an infographic allows you to take a complicated or boring topic and churn it into an easy to digest or even entertaining piece of visual content in which you can get your reader’s attention.
Here are some of the facts that are presented:
- 90% of the readers find infographics helpful.
- 78% of CMO’s say that infographics (custom content in general) are the future of content marketing.
- Content marketing costs 62% less and generates 3 times as many leads.
As a conclusion, it can be said that using infographics to show your brand and business, presents information into a visual and educational form and can attract more viewers and visitors compared to just presenting a chunk of texts.
How To Create a Successful Infographic
The experts at Serplogic suggests a 6-step approach to achieve the most out of your content marketing strategy.
- Identify a topic that your audience will be interested in.
- Choose the type of infographic to create.
- Source the content and data points for the infographic.
- Create a design that’s both effective and eye-appealing.
- Establish a promotional strategy (both paid and organic).
- Identify additional promotional partners.
Once you follow these steps, your audience, as well as the search engines, will notice and appreciate your work. In turn, your content will drive more engagement and social shares. Search engine bots will then signal that your content is relevant to the searchers and identify it as a good answer to what they are looking for.