Have you ever wondered how to find clarity in your life?
Marc Lesser, a Zen monk turned entrepreneur, who led Google’s “Search Inside Yourself” program, has some profound insights to share with you.
Ever considered the importance of hitting the pause button in your life?
It’s often in these moments of stillness, facilitated by meditation and reflection, that we truly get to know ourselves.
Have you acknowledged the opposing forces within you?
There’s a constant tussle between success and failure, optimism and pessimism, introversion and extroversion. When you confront these inner conflicts, you’ll uncover your own depth and complexity.
And what about disagreements with others?
Don’t they seem inevitable? Instead of dodging these conflicts, why not approach them with compassion? They are, after all, opportunities for personal growth and fostering deeper bonds.
Are your actions in tune with your goals?
Holding yourself and others accountable is key to ensure this alignment. It means taking responsibility for your choices, the processes you follow, and the way you cherish your relationships.
Do you have the guts to face your desires, fears, and avoidance patterns?
Summoning this courage is a key step towards finding clarity.
How much importance do you place on your relationships?
Nurturing connections based on compassion, understanding, and trust can serve as your guiding light through life’s challenges.
What about your community?
None of us can traverse life’s complexities solo. Surround yourself with supportive people who understand and share your objectives.
Are you practicing regularly?
Just like any other skill, finding clarity takes consistent effort. Each moment, be it at work or home, is a chance to grow.
Lastly, how do you perceive change?
Growth needs both patience and urgency. While enduring change takes time, don’t let procrastination sneak in. Embrace the present moment.
Marc’s experience as a Zen monk has taught him that life’s challenges are unavoidable. But with clarity, you can maneuver through these obstacles with grace and purpose. His insights are beneficial for everyone, regardless of their journey.
Want to take advantage of these insights?
Use this cheatsheet to help you…
Finding Clarity: Actionable Steps Checklist
- Pause and Reflect:
- Set aside 10 minutes daily for meditation.
- Journal your thoughts and feelings weekly.
- Face Inner Conflicts:
- List down personal conflicts or dualities.
- Reflect on one conflict each week and brainstorm ways to embrace it.
- Engage with External Conflicts:
- Identify recent disagreements or misunderstandings.
- Approach one person weekly to discuss and resolve the conflict with compassion.
- Alignment through Accountability:
- Set clear weekly goals.
- Review and assess your actions at the end of the week.
- Hold a monthly accountability session with a friend or mentor.
- Cultivate Courage:
- Identify one fear or avoidance pattern.
- Challenge yourself to confront it within the month.
- Prioritize Relationships:
- Schedule regular check-ins with loved ones.
- Actively listen and offer support during conversations.
- Build Supportive Communities:
- Join or create a group with shared goals (e.g., book club, fitness group).
- Attend or organize monthly community meetups or events.
- Practice Regularly:
- Dedicate time daily for self-improvement (e.g., reading, courses).
- Reflect on learnings and growth at the end of each month.
- Embrace the Pace of Change:
- Set long-term goals and break them into monthly milestones.
- Celebrate small wins and adjust strategies as needed.
The journey to clarity is ongoing. Regularly revisiting and updating this checklist can help maintain focus and direction.
This post is from the best of Twitter category, where i highlight some interesting content and shine a light on the very best content creators over there, (I’ll post a maximum of 5 Twitter threads for each creator.)
The blog post was inspired by a Twitter thread by Matt Schnuck.
If you like this type of content give Matt a follow and switch on the Twitter notification for whenever he posts. His content is awesome!